SHAKE UP YOUR FAMILY TREE! Become a part of our wild and wonderful Zoo family. It’s easy and fun. Just choose your “relative” from the list below and make your contribution to Friends of Zoo Boise.
All zoo parents will receive:
- an adoption certificate
- a profile (& photo if available) of your adopted animal
- a wild animal souvenir
- your name on the Adoption Board
- annual reunion invitation
- quarterly newsletter
PLUS: Adoptions of $50 or more also receive a “Zoo Boise” magnet; adoptions of $200 or more also receive a “This Place Is A Zoo mug. There’s more…
As a zoo parent, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you are helping the Zoo and making a contribution to the welfare of the many animals that live here. Plus, your contribution is tax-deductible.
You provide the love, we will provide the expert care. Like all living things, Zoo animals sometimes become ill and die. That’s why your support goes for the general care of the animals, not to an individual animal. All adoptions are effective for one year.
As of July, 1999 the following animals are available for adoption:
- $20: Hedgehog, Sugar Glider, Spiny Mouse, Poison Arrow Frog, Iguana
- $30: Emu, Ferret, Meerkat, Prairie Dog, Corn Snake
- $40: Badger, Raccoon, Western Screech Owl
- $50: Macaw, Short-eared Owl, Coati, Beaver, Fox (Red/Kit), Fruit Bat, Snapping Turtle
- $75: Harris Hawk, Serval, Wallaby, Rainbow Boa, Black Crowned Crane
- $100: Bobcat, River Otter, Ocelot, Emerald Tree Boa, Ring-Tailed Lemur
- $150: Burmese Python, Bald/Golden Eagle
- $200: Spider Monkey
- $300: Andean Condor, Grevy’s Zebra
- $400: Arabian Camel
- $500: Amur Leopard
- $1,000: Snow Leopard, Tiger